By Diane Long Hoeveler,Deborah Denenholz Morse
A significant other to the Brontës brings the newest literary learn and idea to undergo at the existence, paintings, and legacy of the Brontë family.
- Includes sections on literary and important contexts, person texts, historic and cultural contexts, reception reports, and the family’s carrying on with influence
- Features in-depth articles written by means of famous and rising students from round the world
- Addresses subject matters akin to the Gothic culture, movie and dramatic variation, psychoanalytic ways, the impression of faith, and political and felony questions of the day – from divorce and feminine disinheritance, to employee reform
- Incorporates contemporary paintings in Marxist, feminist, post-colonial, and race and gender studies
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
This detailed interdisciplinary essay assortment deals a clean standpoint at the energetic involvement of yank ladies authors within the nineteenth-century transatlantic global. the world over different members discover subject matters starting from women’s social and political mobility to their authorship and activism.
Socially, politically, and artistically, the Fifties make up a wierd interlude among the 1st 1/2 the 20th century—still tied to the issues and orders of the Victorian period and Gilded Age—and the pervasive variations of the later sixties. In Revolution, Matthew Wilkens argues that postwar fiction features as a desirable version of progressive swap.
Together with greater than 30 crucial works of technology fiction feedback in one quantity, it is a accomplished creation to the examine of this enduringly renowned style. technological know-how Fiction feedback: An Anthology of crucial Writings covers such subject matters as: ·Definitions and limits of the style ·The many varieties of technological know-how fiction, from time trip to 'inner area' ·Ideology and identification: from utopian myth to feminist, queer and environmental readings ·The non-human: androids, extraterrestrial beings, cyborgs and animals ·Race and the legacy of colonialism the quantity additionally gains annotated publications to extra examining on those issues.
How colonialism profoundly motivated the emergence of chinese language technology fiction
- Literature, Caste and Society: The Masks And Veils
- Gorée's Unwavering Songs Poetry
- Virginia Woolf (Longman Critical Readers)
- Symbolism 17: Latina/o Literature: The Trans-Atlantic and the Trans-American in Dialogue
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Unrated Genius, Visionary and Creator of Fantasy Worlds. His Novels and Influence on Today's Youth
- The J. R. R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: Volume 3: Reader’s Guide PART 2
Extra resources for A Companion to the Brontes (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)